Friday, April 1, 2011

In lusaka with big old infection!

I have decided to come back to New York. This just isn't the place for me




...APRIL FOOLS

Hello! I'm in Lusaka doing immigration and medical stuff. Over second site visit I got a nasty bite that spread into an infection. I am little gimpy but on antibiotics. Okay so I don't have much time but I just got back from second site visit where I visited Kateshi for a week and then met up with some other trainees in Central province for a few days of language/cultural lessons.

Kateshi is nice. I was greeted with an entire school assembly of dancing and singing pupils. The school itself has 900 pupils and only 13 teachers- ah! I met the headman, my family, and some community members. I live near a waterfall (I can hear it but I have not found it yet). And my family is just nearby. I have an auntie and three siblings. It's much quieter than Chongwe. My house is pretty small but has potential for home improvement. The coffee plantation might not produce any coffee until after I leave :(

Okay- more soon... swear-in is two weeks away

5 comments:

  1. oh shannon you FOOLED me! don't go chasing waterfalls.... but i hope you find the one near your place soon.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humor....who bit you???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha you got me good Shanner... I am an April fool for sure! 900 students and 13 teachers is mind blowing... good luck with that craziness. Miss you lots little lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh shanny, maybe the bugs in NY don't like you but the ones in Zambia do! Miss you good luck renovating your house :) be safe <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. you can handle a bite...I saw those chicken pics. you are one tough chick yourself!
    HAHAH! Hope you find the waterfall!
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete